- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 8 Cups chicken broth
- 2 (14.5-ounce) Cans diced tomatoes
- 2 Cans Great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Packet Chili-O Seasoning
- 2 Tsps Cumin
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Box uncooked elbows pasta
- 1 Block Sharpe cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large pot sauté garlic & onion in olive oil until fragrant & translucent. Add ground beef, brown until crumbly. Drain excess fat from ground beef.
Return to pot stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and stir in pasta. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 13-15 minutes.
Remove from heat. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
The kids like sour cream on the side!